Sunday, March 3, 2013

Chapter 55


Studying Deaf culture would be really fun, I think. I’m afraid that sometimes I don’t get the right information from these chapters. Or maybe I read into them differently than most people. I would love to get more involved with the Deaf community and become fluent in the language. This being said, I know that it is important to get information from inside the Deaf community and people that are on the outside looking in. Before making an statement, I think you need to be able to look and understand both sides of the argument. Now, it doesn’t mean that you have to agree or even see their WHOLE side but at least know where they are coming from. Not everyone lives in the same world as you do, some people are raised completely different than you. Everyone should be able to understand that most people will have a different opinion.

I don’t think that it would be right for people to criticize one another but it is going to happen whether we like it or not. I think that sometimes we’re just going to have to take it in stride. Now, disrespecting someone’s entire culture is not acceptable by any means. I just think that sometimes people are going to say things that you don’t like to hear and those things shouldn’t be said but people are ignorant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment