Saturday, March 9, 2013

Chapter 69


Again, never would have thought about this. If someone is Deaf during the day or when it is light they would need to be on alert for someone talking. I just can’t imagine never being able to look away when someone is talking. You could never take your attention off that person because you have to be watching. I mean in situations I would be able to focus on that person signing, like in class, but when I’m talking to my friends sometimes I’m off doing something else. Or we are cooking or something and talking to one another across the room.
I thought that part about the kids who are Deaf going to that school and them being forced to sleep in the dark was terrible. How horrible of those people! I mean I understand that children need to get used to being in the dark but there are other ways around that! You could get a diming light that goes out a little more each night or something. It doesn’t have to be an immediate thing where they are forced to start out in the dark. Of course they aren’t going to be able to sleep. Sorry, I was a big chicken when I was younger and couldn’t imagine my parents, or teachers, doing this to me. 

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking that too. I look away all the time when people are talking to me. Not at all to be rude but maybe because there is a student in my office and I am looking at their transcript while they are telling me something. I do that all the time and that would be a hard habit to break. Im use to doing two things at once and when the person is deaf that may not be the case. That person will have to focus on what the other person is signing.

    ReplyDelete